Friday, January 09, 2004

When I was a student
I hated the process of catching the bus. Always the terror of missing it, and with me late most of the time terror was omnipresent. Getting a car was a great relief. But a car has its own evils - apart from being voracious eaters of cash, they're accompanied by a constant terror of tickets - or more specifically, the evil parking warden backed by the evil stupidity of various laws and regulations (and social engineering schemes that create ridiculous 'safety compliance' standards for WoFs - what a crock THAT is). In so many ways, you have to be pretty rich to be free of terror.

But now I'm selling the car. And in the last 24 hours I have suddenly been cast back into the horror of old nightmares. However, perhaps I can face these things with a little more humour these days. I sure hope so.