Thursday, March 18, 2004

In an age of electronic transfers, instant communications, and computer-based recording, I find it highly offensive that the medical clinic at which I was a patient charges $5 to fax a presecription to the chemist.

I don't care what else is said, THAT is a deliberate rip-off for people who can't go and pick the damn thing up.

To add insult to injury, the chemist then charges $2 to process a faxed 'script. All this on top of the $13 that the doctor charges to write it.

So that's $18 to get a piece of paper to "allow" me to order drugs I know I need and that I didn't need any consultation over. When was the last time you paid someone $18 to get your shopping list? So, the outcome here is effectively a form of legalised bribery: nothing will happen unless you grease the only supply system that's allowed to exist.

GRRRRRR