Thursday, March 25, 2004

Christchurch is where it's at...

My sister & brother-in-law have a lovely house on a lovely section and Canterbury really does have lovely weather. I have a lovely new niece, Tara Margaret. She's beautiful.

My mother, who always teaches me what love and service is, has just turned 50. Her family (parents, children, and two grandchildren) have gathered around to honour her. It's lovely to be with them.

My sister, who is made in the image of her mother, is a God-fearing woman who teaches her children what YHWH is like. She, too, gives herself completely to the task of nurture, and makes me wonder at the love she shows. 15-month old Tai, her son and my nephew, is a delightful & obedient boy who is completely privileged to have the parents he does. The world is shaped on the knees of its mothers.

Tai thinks I'm the bee's knees, and that's lovely too. It's lovely to be with my grandparents, father and brother.

I am still working on learning Flash, and it's nice that I don't have to stop working while being here. But I'm not on a fast connection & email becomes a bit of a problem, so I'm not really in 'office mode'.

There's a chance I'll see some old friends before I leave on the 31st, and if so that will be lovely.

It's all good under God. We are unaccountably blessed.